CPS Recruitment® have exclusively partnered with many local and National organizations to bring you current job opportunities in a variety of disciplines.
To search for positions outside of the Central and Upstate New York area, please use the National Search
Search and Apply for jobs by profession OR by location or scroll through all of our current openings below.
Test Engineer - Semiconductor / 51917
Test Engineer – Semiconductor - 51917
We are seeking a hands on Test Engineer to lead the Test Engineering team for a new generation of power semiconductor devices at High-Tech Manufacturer in the Syracuse, NY area.
- Competitive Salary, Medical / Dental Benefits, Unlimited PTO, Restricted Stock Options and much more.
- Outstanding Career Opportunity to Join a Start-Up Fab with over 100M in assets.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- You will work closely internal teams to characterize new products and maintain production test capabilities in support of volume shipments.
- Operation and maintenance of test hardware and software for the characterization of power semiconductor devices and circuits.
- Implementation, correlation, and release of reliable test solutions in support of production ramps.
- Design and procure custom probe cards which can operate in a high voltage environment.
- Specification, design, and implementation of custom test environments to verify device operation to data sheet specifications.
- Development of test solutions for power semiconductor components (1500V/30A) which meet all applicable safety requirements for both operator and equipment.
- Develop and document procedures for advanced reliability text, such as high voltage stress.
- Continuous improvement efforts to reduce test time and improve yield
Education and Experience:
- BS in Electrical Engineering or Physics. A MS/PHD is desired.
- 5+ years of semiconductor product test experience preferably with IGBT or other semiconductor power devices and circuits.
- Proactive approach to problem identification and solving. Can participate in and drive teams to root cause identification and creative solutions.
- Strong competence in high voltage/high current equipment construction and operation.
- Experience with structured problem-solving methods (e.g. 8D, 5 why)
- Experience with Design of Experiments, statistics for manufacturing engineering.
- Program experience, such as Matlab, Python, JSL LA is a plus.
For immediate consideration submit your resume to: email@example.com
- Start Date:
- Pay Rate:
- $80,000 - 120,000/year
- East Syracuse, NY 13057
- Job Type:
- Direct Hire
- Job ID: