CPS Recruitment® have exclusively partnered with many local and National organizations to bring you current job opportunities in a variety of disciplines.
To search for positions outside of the Central and Upstate New York area, please use the National Search
Search and Apply for jobs by profession OR by location or scroll through all of our current openings below.
Systems Engineer / 55140
CPS Recruitment is seeking a Systems Engineer in the Southern Tier to work for an excellent company involved with NY DOT projects. You may work out of Utica or Binghamton, NY, but must be willing to travel between the two cities.
The Systems Engineer is responsible for working closely with NYSDOT personnel to facilitate and coordinate the installation, operation, repair, relocation and maintenance of the TMC’s ITS and networking hardware and software. The Systems Engineer will be responsible for system security and performance.
Salary range is $70-$79K
Requirements for this position include:
- Bachelor's degree in Technology, Engineering, Computer Science
- 3+ years of work experience in IT network setup, security and administration
- 3+ years of experience with a 24/7/365 environment
- IT network and computer design and building; IT network and ITS device troubleshooting; system security; ITS device and firewall configuration and documentation;
- Computer/Software including: MS Office applications, spreadsheets and databases;
- CCNA certification a very strong plus
Desired qualifications include:
- Experience with ITS devices including: Closed Circuit Television (CCTV), Variable Message Signs (VMS), Highway Advisory Radio (HAR)
- Programming skills
- Intermediate or higher level of skill with MSSQL + Server
- Experience with wireless (Radio and Cellular) and fiber optic communication systems
- Start Date:
- Pay Rate:
- $70,000 - 79,000/year
- IT & Technical
- Utica, NY 13501
- Job Type:
- Direct Hire
- Job ID: