CPS Recruitment® have exclusively partnered with many local and National organizations to bring you current job opportunities in a variety of disciplines.
To search for positions outside of the Central and Upstate New York area, please use the National Search.
Search for jobs by profession OR by location or simply scroll through all of our current openings below.
Our client is a Fortune 500 company looking for a Sr. Accountant to join a strong general accounting team. This is wonderful position for someone who is looking to grow and stretch their skills. You will have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of accounting activities in a faced-paced environment.
You will closely with a strong mentor who fully understands your new role.
It is an upbeat environment and we are looking for a team player with a positive attitude. Organization, analytical skills and attention to detail are key.
WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO WORK THERE?
- Very nice work environment. Work hard but have fun.
- Mentoring and training in the role - you will be walking into a very orderly situation and the incumbent (who was promoted) will be available to train you.
- Very competitive benefit package and above average paid time off
- Stability and growth
- Assist with the month-end financial statement closing process including preparation of journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Reconcile financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Answer accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations. .
- Prepare special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends on a quarterly basis.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting with 4+ years of finance/accounting experience
- Master's degree in Accounting with 2+ years of finance/accounting experience
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- Strong technical accounting knowledge with a deep understanding of US GAAP
- Ability to drive and lead process improvement opportunities
- Work independently, identify issues, and handle multiple tasks
- Able to communicate well with other departments, colleagues and customers
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment and strong flexibility given occasional late evenings, weekends and tight reporting deadlines particularly at quarter and year-end
- Knowledge of SAP and HFM preferred
- CPA certification with public or large private accounting environment preferred
$65,000 - $80,000 per year / DOE
If this position is not the right fit for you, but better for someone you know please feel free to forward the information. We pay a referral fee of up to $500 for candidates that are hired by our clients
For immediate consideration please submit a resume in WORD to firstname.lastname@example.org
CPS Recruitment is an EOE
- Start Date:
- Pay Rate:
- $65,000 - 80,000/year
- Syracuse, NY 13221
- Job Type:
- Direct Hire
- Job ID: