CPS Recruitment® have exclusively partnered with many local and National organizations to bring you current job opportunities in a variety of disciplines.
To search for positions outside of the Central and Upstate New York area, please use the National Search
Search and Apply for jobs by profession OR by location or scroll through all of our current openings below.
DIRECTOR OF PROCUREMENT
We are looking for someone to be a member of the Leadership team for a growing distribution company. In this kind of business, procurement is a key role. If you enjoy process improvement, streamlining and leading change - this could be a match for you!
Cultural fit is key because it is a cohesive team environment.
This position reports directly to the General Manager.
- Source products in appropriate locations direct with manufacturer to improve efficiencies and cost structure within the supply chain
- Evaluate and report changes in market conditions including transportation, pricing, geopolitical dynamics and any vendor changes and adjust as needed - Communicate properly any changes in product, transportation, commodity environment proactively to the Stake Holders
- Anticipate and have redundancy plans in case of natural disasters or other external factors
- Work with the Marketing and Sales Department to develop programs to procure and market inventory
- Develop rapport with vendors and understand the lines, products, and programs and be able to recommend whether a program is beneficial to sales through market research with industry contacts, sales, and customers as needed
- Research market pricing and programs
- Train purchasing department of market pricing and programs
- Negotiate better terms as seen in the market with existing vendors or new vendors as needed
- Recommend change in course on current vendors based on volatility of the market, trade policy, or other regulations
- Improve turns on current inventory by creating processes through analytics and better manage just in time inventory through analysis
- Determine whether an item has comparable for change of inventory, for example; understand strength, thickness, quality of products and understand tools required to measure those standards
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree preferred
- Minimum of 7 years of progressively responsible experience in Supply Chain.
- Demonstrated leadership to guide, motivate and direct team members
- Broad experience executing contracts and managing suppliers
- Superb communication and negotiation skills
$100,000 - $120000
If this position is not the right fit for you, but better for someone you know please feel free to forward the information. We compensate up to $500 for referrals that are placed with our clients.
For immediate consideration please submit a resume in WORD to email@example.com
CPS Recruitment is an EOE
- Start Date:
- Pay Rate:
- $100,000 - 120,000/year
- Supply Chain
- Albany, NY 12010
- Job Type:
- Direct Hire
- Job ID: