CPS Recruitment® have exclusively partnered with many local and National organizations to bring you current job opportunities in a variety of disciplines.
To search for positions outside of the Central and Upstate New York area, please use the National Search.
Search for jobs by profession OR by location or simply scroll through all of our current openings below.
Nurse Practitioner/Physicians Assistant
Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant, Family Practice
CPS Recruitment, Inc is seeking full time FNP/PA for a family practice client located just south of Syracuse, New York.
The NP/PA is responsible for providing primary care services, including assessing, diagnosing, prescribing, treating, and educating patients of all ages.
Duties include the following, but are not limited to:
- Assesses patient status by obtaining health history through patient/family interviews and chart reviews; assessing presenting illness, risk factors, and family history, psychosocial situation, and cultural factors; and performing appropriate physical examination.
- Orders/performs appropriate laboratory diagnostic and other screening tests. Seeks other information as needed, including consultation with physician for evaluation of illness. Integrates data to determine diagnosis and therapeutic plan, including identification of any health risks.
- Develops and implements treatment plan by prescribing/dispensing medications and/or injections in compliance with medical practice guidelines and state laws. Handles minor lacerations. Instructs patient/family regarding medications and treatments. Educates patients regarding health promotion/illness prevention. Recommends appropriate community resources to meet patient/family needs.Prepares documentation for medical records including updating patient medical chart by posting examination and test results, diagnosis, medications, and treatment in written/computerized manner.
- Collaborates with physicians in managing acute and long-term medical needs of patient. Provides monitoring and continuity of care between visits according to treatment plan including triaging patient calls/e-mails.
- Minimum requirements include: Bachelor of Science Nursing required, Successful completion of advanced practitioner training and certification as a practitioner (general or specialized) from an approved nurse practitioner program/Masters of Science Nursing preferred
- Minimum 6 months of experience as a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
- Current state registered nurse license.
- Current state license as an advanced registered nurse practitioner with prescriptive authority.
- Current CPR certification.
- MS Office preferably in Excel and Word; ability to work with limited supervision; possess strong verbal communication skills, good organization skills and attention to detail
If interested, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or (315) 883-5478
- Start Date:
- Pay Rate:
- Healthcare - Clinical
- Groton, NY 13073
- Job Type:
- Direct Hire
- Job ID: