CPS Recruitment® have exclusively partnered with many local and National organizations to bring you current job opportunities in a variety of disciplines.
To search for positions outside of the Central and Upstate New York area, please use the National Search
Search and Apply for jobs by profession OR by location or scroll through all of our current openings below.
Materials Manager / 54833
Materials Manager (90-105K)
We are seeking a Materials Manager in the Central New York area.
- Established and growing Manufacturer with an excellent reputation
- A work culture that is collaborative, respectful, compassionate, and has high integrity
- Excellent benefits package and generous PTO
The role you will play:
Meet customer requirements by developing, implementing, and evaluating production planning, purchasing, warehousing, and shipping policies and procedures; managing staff.
* Achieves materials management operational objectives by contributing materials management information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining materials management system improvements; implementing change.
* Meets materials management financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
* Meets sales forecasts and current orders by developing production planning and scheduling systems; optimizing labor, equipment, and inventory resources; examining and resolving schedule deviations and problems.
* Purchases materials, supplies, equipment, and services by developing purchasing policies and procedures; reviewing, evaluating, consolidating, upgrading, and approving requests; examining and resolving shortages and quality issues; evaluating and approving vendors; evaluating and approving materials, supplies, equipment, and services.
* Manages inventory by determining and maintaining optimum inventory and cost levels.
* Stores and ships product by developing warehousing policies and procedures; implementing inventory movement systems; developing traffic and shipping policies and procedures; examining and resolving delays.
* Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by establishing, following, and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
* Provides management control information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
* Accomplishes materials management and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
* Bachelor’s Degree with 5+ years of related experience
Safety Management, Developing Standards, Delegation, Promoting Process Improvement, Quality Management, Reporting Skills, Organization, Scheduling, Analyzing Information , Dealing with Complexity
To apply for this position, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate confidential consideration.
CPS Recruitment is an EOE
- Start Date:
- Pay Rate:
- $90,000 - 105,000/year
- Supply Chain
- Cortland, NY 13045
- Job Type:
- Direct Hire
- Job ID: