CPS Recruitment® have exclusively partnered with many local and National organizations to bring you current job opportunities in a variety of disciplines.
To search for positions outside of the Central and Upstate New York area, please use the National Search
Search and Apply for jobs by profession OR by location or scroll through all of our current openings below.
Human Resources Manager
A retail store in NY is looking to being on a TEMPORARY HR Manager for 6-9 months. The position oversees HR for the Syracuse, Rochester, Buffalo, Southern Tier and Long Island territories. It will heavily involve Employee Relations and Union Experience is preferred!
- Conduct full life-cycle recruitment (open houses, job fairs etc.,), including development of sourcing strategies, passive candidate outreach and active referral & lead generation for all positions within the Territory.
- Work with leadership within the Territory to coordinate efforts and ensure Associates are fully prepared to enter the store environment.
- Ensure store Associate training and development programs are executed including optical training, sales training, lab certification, optometric technician training (where applicable), and appropriate cross-training to support business needs.
- Assist in facilitation of a variety of HR-related training.
- Work closely with Territory leadership to assess risk and provide HR expertise and guidance with respect to effective undertaking of employment actions including but not limited to hiring, discipline, leave, promotion, investigation and termination.
- Maintain effective labor relations with union and management leadership.
- Preferred Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, organizational development, business management or related field or equivalent combination or experience and education
- Three (3) plus years of experience as a HR Manager or HR Generalist
- Union experience
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local employment laws
- Working knowledge of HRIS
- PHR certification preferred
- Travel up to 30-50%.
For immediate consideration please submit a resume in WORD to firstname.lastname@example.org
If this position is not a good fit for you but better for someone you know, feel free to forward the information. We compensate up to $500 for referrals that hired on by our clients.
CPS Recruitment is an EOE
- Start Date:
- Pay Rate:
- Human Resources
- Syracuse, NY 13224
- Job Type:
- Job ID: