CPS Recruitment® have exclusively partnered with many local and National organizations to bring you current job opportunities in a variety of disciplines.
To search for positions outside of the Central and Upstate New York area, please use the National Search
Search and Apply for jobs by profession OR by location or scroll through all of our current openings below.
Director - Supply Chain
DIRECTOR of SUPPLY CHAIN
We have an exciting opportunity for a Director of Supply Chain in the Syracuse, NY area. This a key role in the organization and you will have the ability to greatly impact company performance. In this role, you will provide leadership and direction for all facets of resource, material, and production planning and scheduling to maximize service, optimize inventory investment, and achieve cost reductions. You will be also be responsible for warehouse operations.
- Provide strategic vision and leadership for the supply chain function
- Establish development plans for that team members to ensure continued professional development
- Manage procurement team to identify specific needs, develop standards, source suppliers, obtain quotes and negotiate terms for the purchase of raw materials, packaging, production supplies, capital equipment and services;
- Direct negotiations with suppliers of production and support materials/services to continuously improve quality, service and costs.
- Establish resource, material, and production plans and monitor execution of those plans
- Determine inventory investment policies by commodity/supplier that effectively support the material planning process while minimizing inventory investing and related obsolete/excess exposure.
- Manage daily buyer/planner activities and provide direction to develop their skills
- Orchestrate resource, material and production planning activities and monitor performance feedback on execution of those plans
- Manage sources of supply and related inventory investment policies
- 6+ years of Procurement/Materials Management Experience
- Degree in Supply Chain, Business, Engineering, or related
- Strategic sourcing experience, proven record of implementing material cost saving strategies
- Strong leadership skills and ability to work cross-functional
- Excellent negotiating skills
- 100 – 120K DOE
If this position is not the right fit for you, but better for someone you know please feel free to forward the information. We compensate up $500 for referrals that are hired on by our clients.
For immediate consideration please submit a resume in WORD to firstname.lastname@example.org
CPS Recruitment is an EOE
- Start Date:
- Pay Rate:
- $100,000 - 120,000/year
- Supply Chain
- Auburn, NY 13021
- Job Type:
- Direct Hire
- Job ID: