CPS Recruitment® have exclusively partnered with many local and National organizations to bring you current job opportunities in a variety of disciplines.
To search for positions outside of the Central and Upstate New York area, please use the National Search
Search and Apply for jobs by profession OR by location or scroll through all of our current openings below.
We have an exciting opportunity in the Easton, NY area, just a short 15 minute drive from Mechanicville. As the Controls Engineer, you will be responsible for implementing operations and capital improvement activities related to plant and equipment. This position leads process control and instrumentation upgrades and modifications, ensuring a high level of manufacturing effectiveness.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage projects for safety, quality, productivity, asset reliability, process improvement, cost reduction and other business objective improvement
- Design and draft systems of electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic controls for machines and equipment such as programmable controllers
- Provide instruction in operation, set-up, maintenance, troubleshooting, repair and ensure work quality and adherence to established policies and procedures
- Heavily involved in continuous improvement plans across the manufacturing environment
- Utilize your background in Electrical Hardware, Automation Systems, and Process Control Systems. Specifically, a high level of proficiency in Allen-Bradley ControlLogix/Compactlogix/SLC 500/PLC 5, PLCs, Kinetix Servo systems, FactorytalkView SE/ME applications, configuring and setting up Powerflex DC/AC VFDs, DeviceNet and ControlNet, Ethernet communications
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Project Management Skills
- High sense of urgency
- Paper Process/Web Handling/Electrical/Controls Skills and Experience
- Six Sigma/Lean/Kaizen Experience
- Degreed Engineer: BS in Electrical/Electronics, Paper Science, Chemical, or equivalent, with 3+ years of experience
- Professional Engineer License a plus
To apply for this opportunity, please submit your resume to AlbanyJobs@CPSRecruitment.com for immediate and confidential consideration!
- Start Date:
- Pay Rate:
- Easton, NY 12093
- Job Type:
- Direct Hire
- Job ID: