CPS Recruitment® have exclusively partnered with many local and National organizations to bring you current job opportunities in a variety of disciplines.
To search for positions outside of the Central and Upstate New York area, please use the National Search
Search and Apply for jobs by profession OR by location or scroll through all of our current openings below.
Buyer / 54254
CPS Recruitment is seeking a senior level, experienced Buyer for a well-regarded electronics manufacturing company in the Albany, NY area. The successful Buyer candidate will have experience purchasing mechanical and electrical components. Circuit Card Assembly purchasing is a plus.
This outstanding organization offers great stability, strong benefits, and a flexible work schedule!
As a Buyer, you will execute the following:
- Strategic Thinking, Planning, and Action to negotiate prices and terms with suppliers
- Identify suppliers with respect to risk, cost, quality, and delivery competitiveness for assigned responsibilities
- Plan and manage materials to meet customer requirements and best support the company’s goals
- Audit suppliers’ facilities to evaluate them as sources and responsible for the resolution of production, design, quality, and/or delivery problems. May require some travel
- Communicate the status of supplier scorecard to supply base and assures corrective and preventive action from underperforming suppliers
- Assists Strategic Sourcing Agents with questions, issues, & gives advice/direction when needed in various tasks.
- Interfaces with all departments and resolves problems and issues with purchased items.
- Manage subcontracts and complex commodities (i.e. CCA, external fabrications, castings)
- Continuous Improvement
- Performs other related duties as required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in Business & Supply Chain, Business Administration with five (5) years of progressively responsible purchasing and materials control experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Personal computer skills, mainframe operations as relates to procurement, related software, and knowledge of purchasing/accounting processes required.
- Strong background and proven history of quoting & negotiation processes
**Must be US Citizen**
If you are interested in this role, please submit your resume to email@example.com for immediate, confidential consideration.
- Start Date:
- Pay Rate:
- $70,000 - 90,000/year
- Supply Chain
- Saratoga Springs, NY 12866
- Job Type:
- Direct Hire
- Job ID: