As you may or may not know, we are currently serving as Board Members at McMahon/Ryan Child Advocacy Center located in Syracuse. The mission of the organization is to end sexual abuse through intervention and education. Consider these statistics:
- In the United States, a report of child abuse is made every 10 seconds
- 1 out of every 10 children will be sexually abused before they turn 18
- More than 90% of children know the person that abused them
While the statistics are staggering, child sexual abuse can be prevented. Thankfully, the Child Advocacy Center provides prevention education to the community and offers specialized services and treatment to help heal these vulnerable victims. In 2014 alone, the Child Advocacy Center provided services to over 600 children.
We are now asking for your help. This year will be the 12th Annual 100 Holes 4 Kids golf tournament. The tournament will be held on May 18th at Bellevue Country Club and 24 golfers will play 100 continuous holes of golf from sunrise to sunset. In the past eleven years the tournament has raised over one million dollars for McMahon/Ryan Child Advocacy Center.
As active board members, we have adopted Mike Grimm and Mark Regin, who are both playing in the tournament. We are asking for your support to help them reach their goals.
To donate you can:
- Contact us for a pledge form and mail it directly to McMahon/Ryan Child Advocacy Center
- Donate online by clicking these links: https://www.justgive.org/Grimm2015 or https://www.justgive.org/Regin2015
Thank you for partnering with us as we support McMahon/Ryan Child Advocacy Center through this great fundraising event.
Thank you again for your support!
Laurie Liechty & Tracy Driscoll