Human resource managers help keep their companies competitive by strategizing and planning for personnel needs and then creating policies and programs to attract and retain the best talent. As changes continue in employment law, healthcare, retirement plans, family leave, and labor relations, the demand for HR managers will remain healthy. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics anticipates job growth of 13 percent between now and 2022.
Are you looking for an opportunity as an HR manager in the Syracuse area? Consider this option, currently available via Contemporary Personnel:
Title: Human Resource Manager
- Direct and coordinate HR and employment functions
- Manage recruitment and new hire processes, terminations and employee exit processes, HR reports and training and development
- Oversee reward and recognition programs and event planning
- Responsible for employee relations counseling and issues resolution
- Establish and conduct performance and salary review
- Manage administrative functions including HR policies and procedures, employee handbooks, COBRA, HIPAA and FMLA
- Responsible for benefits administration including plan maintenance and open enrollment.
- Process weekly payroll through ADP
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, HR, or a related field
- 5+ years’ experience in an HR management role
- Experience with ADP payroll software
Don’t miss out on the exciting opportunity. Apply now at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Growing Your HR Career
HR managers serve as a key liaison between an organization’s top management and its employees. It’s a dynamic, challenging and rewarding field. College graduates and those who have earned certificates have the most promising career growth paths.
Because not many colleges or universities offer degrees in human resources till the graduate level, an interdisciplinary background with a combination of business, social science and behavioral science components often is acceptable. You can complement this with certifications from:
- The Society for Human Resources Management. SHRM offers both Professional in Human Resources (PHR) and Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) certifications
- The American Society for Training and Development (ASTD)
- The International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans
- WorldatWork Society of Certified Professionals
To learn more about your career opportunities in HR management, contact the team at Contemporary Personnel today.